About Me Home Image Map

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Transformation Thursday




I have not been doing the best job updating my weekly progress....with my new job I don't have the time like I use to to blog, which I guess is good considering I am always busy.  But I am going to start doing better.  I really think that this journey will be great to look back on for myself and other bloggers.  It has been a bit of a struggle but as of today I am down 20 POUNDS!!!!!  I finally feel like I am starting to see some results.  Although, with the holiday this past week I was worried because I did indulge a little in red wine and I had a steak which I haven't had in almost 2 months.  It was delicious but only in moderation.  

 
Today I am a little nervous because I am going to my "lady doctor"  I do not like going.  I am sure all women feel this way but I always get nervous when I go to the doctor that something is going to be wrong.  Thankfully, I have already had blood work done by my regular doctor so I know that all that checks out.

Anyway I wanted to tell you about a new obessession Panko Breadcrumbs.  You get the same crunch from fried foods without the grease and fat.  Allen and I stayed at my parent's this past weekend while they were at the beach to have a little vacation ourselves.  My parents have an awesome porch, backyard and pool area that was where we spent a great deal of time.  We actually breaded some catfish, seasoned with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning and grilled it.  It was amazing.  Also another amazing thing to do with the breadcrumbs is combine (in a ziplock bag, I prefer Ikea Bags ) that with low fat or fat free cheese, ranch seasoning, pepper and cajun seasoning.  Throw chicken in the bag and shake until coated.  Bake in the oven on 350 for 25 minutes.  Top with some bacon bits yummo!

Just for fun - Pictures of Pepper at the pool :)



Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment