About Me Home Image Map

Friday, October 5, 2012

Football, Chicken, and Margaritas



Pepper in her Jersey! Ignore my foot please...

Last Saturday night, Ashley came over to my apartment to watch our Gamecocks dominate Kentucky.  It was a little touchy in the beginning but our team came back and won!!!  WooHoo!!!

Being the little party planner that I am we of course had a theme...I thought mexican would be completely appropriate :) not just because I love tequila which I do but because it is easy.  I was in charge of the food and Ashley was in charge of the beverages.

So here is my recipe for the best chicken ever:

3 or 4 breast of chicken
salsa (I used medium because I like the spicy things in life)
taco seasoning (again hot taco seasoning but you can use what you like)
Hot Sauce
Pepper 
Diced Tomatoes (opt)
Diced Jalapenos (opt)
The combined everything in the crock pot either on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.

You will have the best shredded chicken in the world!
I had a nachos bar so I had every topping you could think of-
Corn
Rice 
Black Beans
Sliced Jalapenos
Sour Cream
Cheese
Queso  (white cheese dip)
Salsa
Lettuce 

The beauty about this is that you can use as much or as little as you want.  And being someone that always over plans...I had tons left over :) 

For the "Ashley" Margaritas:

Jose Cuervo - Gold (which I had never had before but it was yummy I have only had silver)
Triple Sec
Margarita Mix
Limes
Just mix it all together as strong as you want it (if you drink with me then it is strong) and put it over ice.  I had these precious margarita glasses I got from big lots which we used that night :) 

Optional items to put in margaritas are sliced jalapenos, cilantro, and cucumbers.  That makes for such a nice flavor.  Just try it the cucumbers soak up a little of the spice from the peppers so even if you don't like spice you might like that :) 

What are your favorite tailgate/sports party dishes and drinks?
 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful! We have a Facebook group, Carolina Cooks! for posting recipes,pics, etc. If you're interested here's the link http://www.facebook.com/groups/259973054106835/
    Dee

    ReplyDelete