About Me Home Image Map

Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunday Funday!



I am big on my routines.  Call me OCD all you want but I love a good routine.  About two months ago, I went with my friend Ashley to her church, Newspring.  And I fell in love! The music was uplifting and wonderful and the preacher spoke so well.  I have gone every Sunday since. I have started taking my nephew Jackson with me and he seems to love it too.  It could be because they have an awesome bouncy house but nevertheless he is going :)
This is what he made at church yesterday :)                                                                                                                                                                   
Along with my routines :) we also go to lunch every Sunday to enjoy a cocktail and a yummy meal.  This Sunday with my funds being a little short I decided to cook dinner instead of going out.  I made enough food to feed my brother, Ashley, Jackson and me and also have left overs for the week :) I meant to take a picture of the food before it was all gone but I forgot.  I made a traditional Southern Sunday meal.  Rump Roast with carrots and mushrooms, Macaroni and Cheese, Broccoli Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Hot-Sauce Green Beans, and Roasted Okra ;) 


I won't give you all my recipes because they are family secrets but I will give some tips.  


When making a roast I NEVER put water in the roast.  I use 2 cans of cream of mushroom and beef broth and a can of diet coke. The diet coke makes the roast extremely tender.  


Only use block cheese when making macaroni and cheese or the broccoli casserole. For some reason you can tell the difference in the dishes if you use shredded cheese.  


Always a few dashes of hot sauce makes every dish better :) 


I will give my recipe for Hot Sauce Green  Beans:


2 big cans of Hanover Green Beans (without potatoes)
Cajun Seasoning 
Paprika 
Cayenne Pepper
Hot Sauce (of course) 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
Pepper 
Ms. Dash Seasoning 


Put all that in a crock pot on low for at least 8 hours it will be the best green beans you have ever made!


I love fried okra but I am trying to lose weight and I know the rest of this meal is fattening but it is the least I can do to cut calories somewhere.  But this roasted okra tastes almost like fried okra and it is yummy.  


Preheat oven 425 and put cut okra on a flat cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Drizzle with olive oil and a little cayenne pepper and black pepper.  Pop in the oven for 20 minutes and you have some yummy okra.  


Of course no Sunday Funday is complete without wonderful people to share with and also some red wine doesn't hurt either.  I picked red blend I love blends they are perfect but my other love is Cabernet :) which is what I went to after the first bottle.  Ashley isn't a huge red wine fan.  She doesn't like that it stains your teeth :) so she goes for a white like Pinot Grigio.  Which is yummy too.  It was a great Sunday full of food, movies and a little dancing to Britney Spears :) 

How was your Sunday?

1 comment:

  1. It's not a party until someone breaks out with Britney :)

    ReplyDelete