About Me Home Image Map

Friday, November 2, 2012

Conquer Your Own Backyard

I was having dinner with my brother last night at my favorite Mexican restaurant and we were having a serious (as serious as you can have with big beers) about our futures.  I am so proud of my brother for going back to school to become a chiropractor.  But then he turned the conversation to me and asked me what I want out of life.  I started to talk about a few things like marriage and kids with Allen but he stopped me and said not personal things your career.  I drew a blank! I know I don't want to be selling insurance for the rest of my life but when I think about what I want to do I can't really put my finger on it.  I love ADORE fashion and I use to think owning my own store is what I wanted but I don't think that is what I want.  


What I really want is to own my very own planning company.  I want to plan events from seminars to weddings.  I then started talking about how Allen and I would need to move so that I can start this business...Adam disagreed! He said I need to conquer my own backyard! I need to start small then get bigger.  So I am going to do it! I am going to start taking cooking classes and baking classes.  I am also going to take some sewing classes so I can be a one stop shop for my clients.  I am going to formulate my plan and hopefully I won't fail.  But if I do at least I am taking a gamble on myself! 


Cannot wait to see what happens!!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You aren't moving yet! Lol :)

    Proud of you sweetie, you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete